Sunday, January 21, 2007

Have the back of my "Land & Sea" pullover from Cottage Craft up to the armhole bind-off. It's going fairly quickly after doing all the fairisle sweaters. The color is Blue Spruce, fiber is soft though has some bits of hay to pick out. My fingers are already itching to get back to some colorwork, may have to break a rule and have two sweaters going at once.

Cottage Craft web site:

Their sweater kits are very reasonable, I am pleased with mine.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Prince of Wales Finished

BIL's vest is finished. "Prince of Wales" from Meg Swansen's "Sweater's From Camp", done in Katia Mississippi 4 cotton/acrylic. I'm very pleased with the way the cotton worked in FairIsle. The gauge was right on, and the stitches are very even. I did an enclosed armhole ribbing as shown on the KidsKnit web site and was happy with the results. It was a little puffy but blocked out nicely. Used the cross stitch method on the neckline as I was afraid it would be too thick otherwise. Time will tell how the cotton will behave with wear. I'm happy, another bag of yarn used up, another project done! Next one will be the "Land and Sea" pullover from Cottage Craft, already started.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Nebraska Sunset

Got a phone call at 7:45AM two weeks before Christmas. It was Sam telling me to stop work on his vest, he wanted me to make a sweater for my sister for Christmas. I made a mad dash for the stash closet to see what was there, pulled out Nebraska Sunset hoping she would like the colors, and cast on that morning. Of course there wasn't enough time to finish but did manage to get the body done and wrapped it up with the needles still in it. She loved the colors and, glory be, it fit! Retreived the sweater and finished it up last week-end.

"Nebraska Sunset" is from Meg Swansen's "Sweaters From Camp" and is the 4th sweater I have done from this book. The fiber is Jamieson & Smith 2ply Jumper weight and needle size was Addi Turbo 5. I plan to make myself one of these one day but think I will use DK weight as the fabric is a little wimpy. Directions called for size 6 needles but in my opinion, that is too large for the 2ply yarn. Now back to the "Prince of Wales" vest, which is up to the shoulders and steeks are cut.