Saturday, July 08, 2006

And Even More Socks!





Too hot to work on a large sweater, so I have been busy making socks. Pastel colors in Cascade Fixation cotton/elastic is from Cascade's web page, "Fancy Feet". Funny fiber to work with, like knitting with rubber bands. Blue socks are "Child's First Sock" from Nancy Bush's Vintage Socks. Done with Regia superwash, colorway is "short color". Rust socks are Jeanie Townsend's "Maple Leaf", the July Townsend KAL. Done with KnitPicks "Memories" merino wool, color Redwood Forest. Last pair is still in progress, Sockamaniac's July KAL, "Fetzensocken" from Germany, done with STR superwash merino, colorway is Cobblestone County. A very addictive and beautiful pattern! The needles in my work are the black walnut 5" double points from Golding Fiber Tools, love them. Check out their website for more info. They also have lots of spindles for spinners. All socks were made with size 1 double points, top down.

Golding Fiber Tools
http://www.dropspindle.info

4 comments:

Kathy... said...

Shirley, Your work is truly beautiful! I am finishing up the Maple Leaf KAL, and then planned on doing the Fetzensocken. I have the Cobblestone Country STR, and yours turned out so beautiful, I think I have my answer as to what I should knit up next. Thanks for being my inspriation!!

AnneB said...

You have been bitten by Sock Mania. Gorgeous work as always. So what are you going to do with all the odds and ends of balls?

Deby said...

Oh my you do knit lovely socks! I love all of your patterns. Great work!

Terri said...

Shirley, your socks are terrific! I'll have to try some of those black walnut dpn's.