Thursday, February 15, 2007

Finished Land & Sea



Finished the sweater just in time to wear during our blizzard. This is the small size, right to gauge, and it is BIG! Good thing I didn't make my usual large. It measures 47 1/2", right to the pattern. I have 2 full skeins of yarn left over, so those making the large would have plenty of yarn. It's lovely and warm, with lots of room for layering. It will get plenty of wear this month if the weather doesn't break soon. Got 10" of snow with a sleet crust and the wind is blowing a gale today. Only about 15 degrees and feels much colder. The rest of the yarn might just end up in a hat and socks.

7 comments:

AnneB said...

Looks great and love the color. Hat and mittens would be very useful after our foot of snow.

Jinx said...

This is really nice, it looks just great. And very suitable to your current weather conditions. ;)
Jinx

Kat said...

That's a beautiful sweater!! I love the color and the knitting look superb. You look great in it, too!

Unknown said...

Now that I really like!

Sheila said...

I love the sweater. It fits really well. It is a good thing you didn't knit it in a larger size.

Anonymous said...

It is a gorgeous sweater and you look beautiful in it! The color you chose is absolutely perfect for the stitch pattern.

Bridget said...

Hi - I just came across your blog through the Maine SnB list (I live in Yarmouth). I love the sweater - I am making the same one in gray for my husband in large. I started the first sleeve and it was way too tight for him, so I to do some calculations and I've been putting it off. Anyway, I was wondering if you have any tips for the sleeve increases - did you do a selvedge stitch, etc? I was having a problem with it when I just followed the pattern exactly. Sorry this is so long.