Monday, February 11, 2008

Autumn Oregon KAL Starts


Alice Starmore's Autumn Oregon" from the Vogue Knitting magazine. Friend Anne is fortunate to have the VY kit so we got together and I matched colors from my stash as closely as possible and it is looking quite nice. I had to change two colors and they just mushed together but I like the result so far. I'm up to row 28 of chart B, and as usual find I can't put it down. The yarns are Jamieson's Spindrift and I am using size 3.0 and 3.5 to get gauge of 7 st per inch. The colors are vibrant and it has kind of a "persian rug" look. Dark and rich. Started on 2/1 and going quite quickly. The pattern is easy to follow, am enjoying this one!

5 comments:

AnneB said...

You are flying along on this sweater! Love the colors you picked out. Enjoying all our snow this winter?

Terry Sailingknitter said...

BEAUTIFUL! The colors are brilliant!

carolyninAlaska said...

It looks great! I love that pattern and those colors.

Terri said...

You did a great job with the colors. Yours doesn't look nearly as dark as the VY colors. It looks like you are really making progress.

catherine said...

hello from france, I'm so glad to find your blog, it's impressive!
I'll go often to see your so beautiful knitting
to see your knitting, help me to go on