Friday, October 30, 2009

Henry and Me










He's finished! At 9:30 last night the last end was woven in. And he is gorgeous! I love the colors and the style of this sweater. These are the yarns from Virtual Yarn, very soft and rich as befitting a King - not sure I do it justice but it will be worn often. Knit as per the Virtual Yarn pamphlet except for the drop shoulder which was modified to fit me better. I used a 3.25mm circ and got exact gauge. It's a bit large and long on me but I wanted to be able to layer and wanted the extra length for warmth this winter. Henry traveled all over the Northeast with me this Fall while we enjoyed the great colors in the Adirondacks, Lake Champlaine, the top of Mount Washington in New Hampshire (where it was 24 deg. and 60mph winds). We had a great ride up the cog railroad, breathtaking Fall scenery - and a Gondola trip up Wildcat too. Wandered around Lake Placid and Saranac Lake in New York and Queechee Gorge in Vermont. This morning I spent some time trying to choose the next project as I can't just sit without something to knit. Will it be the Burrastow Jumper from "Art of FairIsle" or Catriona , an Alice Starmore - or should I pull out the unfinished Peony Sweater? I'm still pondering................

5 comments:

Shary said...

It's beautiful! I look forward to your posts because your projects are always exquisite. Oh if I could only knit so well.

Dee D said...

Beautiful sweater.

N. Maria said...

That is one beautiful sweater. I can see fairisle is your cup of tea.
;)

Carrie K said...

Henry is fabulous! And he's perfect for the sightseeing weather. He looks just gorgeous.

Cécile said...

this is gorgeous. You are a fabulous knitter.