Thursday, August 16, 2007

Caspian Sea Socks


Now these socks I did not enjoy knitting and will never make another pair. I ordered the Tuir yarn for them, had to wait as it was out of stock, and couldn't wait to get started. I have knit toe up socks before, had no problems, and liked the technique. These, however, I could not get going. I don't know if it was the yarn or because there were two colors. After much frustration I finally gave up and did them from the top down. That worked fine for me, but I did not like working with 3 colors in a row, and found that I absolutely hated knitting with Tuir. It split, was so slippery I had problems with tension, just generally did not enjoy the knit. They did get finished though, and I am sure will feel great along about January when the snow is flying. They are very warm and thick. It says in the pattern to be ready for a flood of requests for more pairs - not likely!

No comments: