Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Selbuvotter


Summer is almost over and finally I have a new post to my blog. It's been too hot to work on sweaters so "Alcea" and the gansey have been put on hold. I've finished several pairs of socks and today have finished my first pair of Selbu mittens. They are #NHM7 from Terri Shea's book "Selbuvotter". What fun to knit! I actually used up two leftover skeins of shetland and by my calculations, if I knit about 500 pairs of these I will make a dent in my stash! I started them on double points and then decided to try two circs when there was a discussion of this method on one of the forums. Works like a charm and is much easier to keep track of the pattern. As I didn't have two needles the same size, I ordered a pair from KnitPicks, and must say I do love their fixed circulars. So smooth, cable is nice and flexible, and nice points. I used a 2.50mm needle and Jamieson's shetland. They are a perfect fit for my small hand, would go to a 2.75mm to make them a little larger I think.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a lovely pair of mittens! You must have some stash to need that much knitting to make a dent in it.

Your gansey and Fair Isle are also lovely.

Unknown said...

These are excellent, great pattern.

Heather said...

They are lovely. I have recently bought the Selbuvotter book and am now trying to decide which to knit first. It is so helpful to read about your experiences with different needles and sizing. Thank you!